Re: printing with dark background and faces

From: Allan Gottlieb
Subject: Re: printing with dark background and faces
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 11:55:28 -0400

At Wed, 09 May 2007 14:58:19 +0200 stromme@math.uib.no (Stein Arild Strømme)
wrote:

> Look at color-theme.el for a quick way to change all colors.

Very interesting.  I did not know about this and found dark laptop
very nice for viewing, a definite improvement over what I had.

I tried a few of the various light background themes, e.g. standard
emacs and for some reason the colors printed are far from those on the
screen.  The gnus headers which looked reddish came out cyan and the
cyan looking quoted material was barely visible.

But nonetheless this has helped a lot.  Dark laptop was worth the
small price of admission by itself and switching to a light theme and
printing without color is more than acceptable.  Having the colors
would be nice, but I am happy as it now stands.  Time to grade my
"Compiler Construction" final exams.

Thank you all.
allan