Re: Auctex&Beamer recognising pdftex mode automatically

From: Lars Madsen
Subject: Re: Auctex&Beamer recognising pdftex mode automatically
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 01:18:51 +0200

Brendan Halpin wrote:
I've been looking for a way to get Emacs/AucTeX to recognise that a
paticular latex file should be processed by pdflatex, and was
delighted to stumble on the fact that \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}
or \documentclass[pdftex]{...} was enough.
But it doesn't seem to work for Beamer files, i.e.
\documentclass[pdftex]{beamer} still gets put in LaTeX-mode. Is
this an oddity of beamer.cls?

A pity if so because it's a nice neat feature.

Brendan

I have this at the bottom of the files that need pdflatex

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% TeX-PDF-mode: t
%%% End:

--

/daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE from email address)

LaTeX FAQ:      http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
LaTeX book:     http://www.imf.au.dk/system/latex/bog/    (in Danish)
Remember to post minimal examples, see URL below
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=minxampl