Re: Emacs (in console) on 2 screens.

From: Maciej Katafiasz
Subject: Re: Emacs (in console) on 2 screens.
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 19:11:48 +0000 (UTC)

Den Fri, 11 May 2007 12:31:04 -0400 skrev Chris McMahan:

> I don't understand what you need, then. M-x new-frame creates an
> entirely new window that can be resized or enlarged to your heart's
> content to any resolution you need.

He's not using emacs-in-X, so creating a new frame is meaningless in this
case. For that to work, you would need the multi-tty branch I believe. As
I have never used it myself, I can't offer any further advice.

Alternatively, Martin, consider using proper X version of emacs, ie. run
without -nw. This will allow you to create and place multiple frames
independently, exactly in the way you want them.

Cheers,
Maciej