Re: How to set the Makefile directory in emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: How to set the Makefile directory in emacs
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 23:46:49 +0200

Am 11.05.2007 um 15:56 schrieb Luca Trevisani:

am editing a project with source files in many different subfolders. I wonder if I can set in emacs the default folder in wich the Makefile is, so that when I issue the command "make -k" emacs run it in the correct folder no matter where is the file I am editing.

Launch GNU Emacs from this directory!

Set HOME to that directory!

Add a (dired "/that/elder/directory/with/Makefile/in/it") to your ~/.emacs!

--
Greetings

  Pete

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same. — Oscar Wilde