Re: Ispell and Swiss specialities

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Ispell and Swiss specialities
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 15:41:35 +0200

Am 12.05.2007 um 15:19 schrieb Sven Bretfeld:

Does anybody know an Emacs hack that makes ss and ß be treated as equal
alternatives in Flyspell?

I cannot offer this, but have you checked aspell? It has Swiss dictionaries for French in its fr package and de_CH-only.rws in its de package. I think the ``only´´ component in the file's name means that it contains *only* Swiss specialties, so the proper approach might be to add this dictionary to the deutsch.alias and the deutsch.multi files (and possibly the latter allows to spell-check in more than one language, but I am not *the* aspell expert ...).

OTOH, I also know that you can create (make swiss) a Swiss ispell dictionary from the sources of the German dictionary (http://j3e.de/ ispell/igerman98/dict/, http://j3e.de/ispell/hk2/, http://membled.com/ work/patches/ispell/, http://fmg-www.cs.ucla.edu/geoff/ispell.html). Some Linux versions already offer such a dictionary.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."