Re: Using EMMS on Debian Testing

From: Michael Olson
Subject: Re: Using EMMS on Debian Testing
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:54:13 -0400

Amy Templeton <amy.g.templeton@gmail.com> writes:

> [snip] However, the version in the Debian repositories is quite out
> of date (without importing code from later versions, it can't even
> do things like delete files from the cache), since I believe it's
> officially been orphaned.

Yeah, the Debian package for EMMS is orphaned.  I would like to
maintain it, but I have yet to find a sponsor.  I may end up only
maintaining the Ubuntu package, because the criteria for uploading
there is less strenuous.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net