Scheme to elisp

From: weber
Subject: Scheme to elisp
Date: 16 May 2007 05:56:34 -0700

Hi everyone...
I started reading the sample chapter of the Friedman's books, but got
stuck trying to rewrite this scheme function in elisp:

(define intersect
        (lambda (set1 set2)
          (letrec
           ((I (lambda (set)
                         (cond
                           ((null? set) (quote ()))
                           ((member? (cat set1) set2)
                                (cons (car set)
                                          (I (cdr set))))
                           (else (I (cdr set)))))))
           (I set1))))

Or in a simplified form, my problem is : why the snippet below does
not work?

(defun f (n)
  (let ((g (lambda (x) (+ 5 x))))

(f 1) -> void-function g