23.0.0.1 and xft and undo-limit

From: ramestica
Subject: 23.0.0.1 and xft and undo-limit
Date: 16 May 2007 05:27:32 -0700

I have been trying this alpha flavor of emacs just for the sake of
serious xft fonts. So far so good, there are some hiccups but it is in
general pretty usable as it is now. And it looks great!

undo-limit is by default 20000, which is the same value as for the
stable 21.3.1 version. However, in 23.0.0.1 it happens to me that I
very often run out of undo history, which is something I have never
experienced under 21.3.1 or ever.

I could easily extend undo-limit and see, but does anybody understand
what's stealing my undo memory? the xft fonts?

thanks,