rmail Setup

From: Texaner
Subject: rmail Setup
Date: 17 May 2007 06:41:50 -0700

Dear all,

although I read a lot of literature like emacswiki, manuals, tips,
etc. I was not able to set up rmail in emacs.

I can start rmail but I always get the message "No new mail has
arrived" although there is new mail. It also seems that rmail actually
does not try to retrieve any mail because the "no mail"-message
appears so fast.

I would be very happy about a really no-brainer manual to set up rmail
or  a .emacs file which I can more or less copy (if you post that file
please do not forget to remove passwords etc.)

My configuration is:
CarbonEmacs on Mac OS X
E-Mail account at www.web.de. -> (pop3, smtp)

Thank you very much in advance.