Re: creating .rtf files

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: creating .rtf files
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 13:52:42 +1000

Amy Templeton <amy.g.templeton@gmail.com> writes:

> Peter Tury <tury.peter@gmail.com>
>> is it possible to save into rich text format? I would like to
>> preserve colors, etc. Currently the best what I can imagine is to
>> htmlize my buffer and then run some html2rtf converter. Is there
>> an easier way? I would need only very basic formatting, so
>> probably the simplest rtf support would be enough.
>
> I don't know about rich text format (there's probably an emacs
> library for this somewhere), but you *can* save in enriched text if
> you use enriched-mode.

I also believe there are various interpretations of rtf, which makes things a
bit confusing.

There are some authoring modes that will produce rtf format. I think muse mode
can do this (as well as thml, xhtml, latex, pdf, postscript, texinfo and some
others. Muse mode is a wiki like mode and supports things like lists, tables,
footnotes etc.

There are also some modes that can transform buffers into various output
formats. I'm not sure, but bhl-mode might do rtf.

tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au