Re: Copy things out of Emacs

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Copy things out of Emacs
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 14:30:22 +1000

poppyer <poppyer@gmail.com> writes:

> I think it is terminal's function, try using <shift> + mouse.
>
> However, I still have problem when copy a very LONG line from emacs out,
> since I can not select it with mouse.
>

> Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

What I do is

1. Mark the text to copy by setting the region. i.e. put the cursor at the
start of the block to be copied and hit C-space.

2. Move to the end of the block to be copied and copy the text to the kill ring
with M-w. It is very easy to select large bits of text this way. I also use the
keyborad ratther than the mouse as I find its a lot faster, especially when you
can do things like reverse the start/end marking of the block - so I can go
from the end backwards to the start of the text and select it rather than going
back to the start, setting mark and then to the end and doing a copy.

3. Switch to firefox (or whatever) and use the middle mouse button to paste in
the text.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au