Re: Correct Display of UTF-8-coded Compilation Warnings/Errors inside co

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Correct Display of UTF-8-coded Compilation Warnings/Errors inside compilation-mode
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 11:14:17 +0200

Am 22.05.2007 um 01:25 schrieb Nordlöw:

How do I make compilation-mode read and respect this locale when I
compile from within emacs, inside compilation-mode? My installation
(latest CVS version of Emacs) interprets it iso-latin-1.

I am using de_DE.UTF-8 and mostly compilation-mode (GNU Emacs 22 and 23) shows the typographical quotes. But there are times when this fails ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

"What do you think of Western Civilisation?"
"I think it would be a good idea!"
                         -- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi