Re: Gnus color highlighting

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Gnus color highlighting
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:40:16 +1000

cothrige <cothrige@yahoo.com> writes:

> I recently started using Gnus for news reading, switching from slrn, and
> have been rather pleased.  However, one thing which I have found to be
> odd, and haven't been able to sort out with searches, is the color
> highlighting in the article buffer.  If there is a quoted line it will
> be a different color than the normal text, as one would expect.  But,
> only if it begins with exactly one '>'.  If there are more than that,
> then there is no syntax highlighting at all.
>
> Personally, I would like to have all the lines beginning with '>' to be
> highlighted, such as other readers would do.  How can this be
> accomplished?  I am certain that I am simply overlooking something
> obvious, but after plowing through page after page on google, I am ready
> to seek advice.
>
> Many thanks,

What version of gnus and emacs are you running?

>From memory, earlier versions of gnus required a bit of hackery to get
highlighting to work consistently - in fact, I think it use to define its own
faces as well.

I'm running emacs 22 and the gnus which comes with it. I get all quoted lines
highlighted, with a different colour based on the number of >'s. This is out of
the box, no customization.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au