Re: Gnus color highlighting

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Gnus color highlighting
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 18:25:41 +0900

Folks, please go to the proper newsgroup.  I added the Followup-To
header to this article.

> cothrige <cothrige@yahoo.com> writes:

>> If there is a quoted line it will be a different color than the
>> normal text, as one would expect.  But, only if it begins with
>> exactly one '>'.  If there are more than that, then there is no
>> syntax highlighting at all.

> What version of gnus and emacs are you running?

There are various versions of No Gnus that are all labeled with
"No Gnus v0.6".  In particular, the released No Gnus v0.5 says
it is "No Gnus v0.6".  To see what kind of No Gnus v0.6 you use,
look into the lisp/ChangeLog file.  Though, no major change about
highlighting of citations in the article buffer has been done
recently, as far as I know.

If you've modified the value of the `message-cite-prefix-regexp',
it will occur.  But you haven't done it, have you?

There are two possible causes: one is that the number of citation
lines that are not highlighted is less than the value of the
`gnus-cite-minimum-match-count' variable (of which the default
value is 2); the other is that highlighted lines use the face of
which the color is the same as that of the default face.  For the
former, put the following line in your ~/.gnus.el file:

(setq gnus-cite-minimum-match-count 1)

For the later, changing the order of the faces might help.  I
have the following snippet in my ~/.gnus.el file:

(setq gnus-cite-face-list
      (mapcar (lambda (n) (intern (format "gnus-cite-%s" n)))
              '(3 7 2 6 4 5 8 9 10 11 1)))

Of course, you can change the colors of the gnus-cite-1,
gnus-cite-2, gnus-cite-3... faces.

Regards,