Re: Copy things out of Emacs

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Copy things out of Emacs
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 23:45:23 +0200

Hi Tim,

   As the unicode branch is still under active development and given the likely
   impact of the changes in that branch, I suspect you will find many packages
   that don't quite work correctly. Changing something as large as emacs to use
   unicode is not trivial and there are many emacs packages that have been
written
   with the assumption of character sets being single byte etc.

Would you mind explaining what is required for a package to be
fully functionnal (even) with the GNU Emacs Unicode branch ? I do
not see what we should change in our packages to make them working.

Regards,

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org