Re: Lock buffer to window

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Lock buffer to window
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 23:45:28 +0200

   Hi,

   I was wondering if there was any way of locking a specific buffer to a
   window it emacs, so that that window never changes buffer. I have some
   trouble when I edit a LaTeX document and compile it, the compilation
   buffer overrides my reftex-toc buffer.

If you want to do this interactively, you would use
`toggle-read-only' bound to C-x C-q.

If you want to do this programmatically, you could
`buffer-read-only' variable this way:

     (let ((buffer-read-only nil)
          )
     (message "Buffer is read/write"))