Re: planner or org or ...

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: planner or org or ...
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 23:45:12 +0200

   ----- Tim X (2007-05-27) wrote:-----

   > So, I think that while the functionality is similar, the underlying
   > philosophy is a bit different and they approach things from a
   > different perspective re: planning and organising your work. On some
   > levels, it is a bit like a comparison of vi and emacs - both can
   > achieve the same outcomes, but do it differently and one way suits
   > some people while another way suits others. My main bias towards
   > planner mode is probably a simple as it being the first mode of this
   > type I used under emacs and it has set my expectations.

   The difference is: org is the Emacs of organizers. Planner is an
   organizer.

   org let you create your own way of GTD. Planner creates a way of GTD for
   you.

I don't get it. In what org is more complicated than planner. I
feel the contrary. Planner lets you create your *own* GTD too.

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org