Re: Join Multiple Lines

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Join Multiple Lines
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 11:50:39 +0200

"Ankur Jain" <jainankur@gmail.com> writes:
> How can I join multiple lines into one line using Emacs.
>
> I know the command "join-line" to join the current line with previous; how to
> do it
> for multiple lines?
>
> Can I execute it multiple times for a set of lines. If yes, please let me
> know how to
> do that?

You can do a search a replace on ^J.

M-x replace-string RET C-q C-j RET SPC RET

will put all the lines after the point on one big line.

NOTE: The most fundamental particles in this product are held
together by a "gluing" force about which little is currently known
and whose adhesive power can therefore not be permanently
guaranteed.