Re: Emacs like jed

From: Bauke Jan Douma
Subject: Re: Emacs like jed
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 01:52:07 +0200

mowgli wrote on 02-06-07 23:47:
On Jun 2, 10:23 pm, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:

I don't have jed installed, and it sounds silly to install it just to
see one color.  Since you are already looking at jed, it would be nice
if you could tell what is that ``bright white'' color you see there.

You can have a look at these two screenshots here:
http://www.rootshell.be/~cyberjcp/jed.png
http://www.rootshell.be/~cyberjcp/emacs.png

Anyway, if "white" is not white enough, try #FFFFFF, you cannot be
more white than that.

The above emacs screenshot contains the #FFFFFF white which isn't
quite white still ;)

It doesn't get any whiter than 0xffffff, unless you tune
your monitor... ;-)

Also, try to compare with same surroundings, I see one has a
clear blue frame, while the other is grey.

Second font has a much narrower stroke than the first =>
it's all an optical illusion, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_illusion

bjd