Settings in c-offsets-alist ignored ?

From: Markus Grunwald
Subject: Settings in c-offsets-alist ignored ?
Date: 05 Jun 2007 12:13:53 GMT

Hello,

I'm using xemacs for years and now I got curious about gnu emacs. I've
already "ported" most of my usual settings, but the cc-mode indentation
doesn't work.

When editing C++ files (I suspect in cc-mode, the modeline shows "C++" )
the indentation is not as I like it. So I change c-offsets-alist via the
customisation menu but nothing happens. Is there any special setting that
enables custom offsets or what am I missing ?

I'm using emacs 21.4a+1-3 from debian stable.

Thanks for any help ! If this works good, I might convert ;)

cu
Markus