Re: File dialog on 22.1 w32

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: File dialog on 22.1 w32
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:49:21 +0200

B. T. Raven wrote:
Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:04:16 -0500
From: "B. T. Raven" <nihil@nihilo.net>

Using the new release:

GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-windows98.2222)
  of 2007-06-02 on RELEASE

I still can't get file dialog to to open when I click on File > Open File. Instead I see "Find file: .." in the minibuffer. Both Use Dialog Box and Use File Dialog are set and saved according to Customize. This has been the behavior since 22.0.0. It works ok on 21.3.

Jason just posted a patch on bug-gnu-emacs.  If you can rebuild Emacs
from sources, could you please try that patch and see if it solves
your problem?

Thanks Eli (and Jason). I'm afraid I could only accomplish a rebuild with the help of more handholding than anyone would probably care to offer. Is there a site that offers detailed step by step instructions on how to accomplish this? I have downloaded a bunch of mingw stuff but I don't even know how to unpack the tar.gz files.

Ed

Maybe this can help you:

  http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/w32-build-emacs.html