find certain files

From: econfreerider
Subject: find certain files
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:19:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I am new here.  I have a question I have for a long time:  I use Ctrl-f to
find files in a directory, but it displays all the files under that
directory.  Now I want to limit it to certain files that have certain
extensions, for example, only sas files, *.sas.  If if do Ctrl-f
/projects/a/*.sas, it will open all the sas files.  I want to do Ctrl-f
/projects/a/, and only display .sas files, so I can choose one.  How do I do
that?

Thank you so much!