Re: NTEmacs + plink

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: NTEmacs + plink
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 21:58:37 +0200

poti@potis.org writes:

> I have many difficulties with tramp. I use a non-standard ssh port and
> have hosts behind firewalls. From Windows something like
> /ssh:me@my.host.org#3322:/home/me/.emacs or

That shall work, better even with plink.

Passing firewalls depend on how you want to do it. Tramp 2.1 (not part
of Emacs 22.1) has introduced gateway methods, which are intented for
HTTP tunnels or socks servers. But you could also configure HTTP tunnels
directly in PuTTY, I guess.

If it is something else, just tell me the kind of hops you need. We
could find the corresponding Tramp configuration then.

Best regards, Michael.