Re: Highlight new lines

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: Highlight new lines
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 07:44:11 +0200

Daniel Jensen wrote:
>>> There is a global Highlight Changes mode. You can add
>>>
>>>     (global-highlight-changes 1)
>>>
>>> to your .emacs to enable it.
>>
>> This gives an aerror.
>
> It should work out of the box. What is the error?

Symbol's function definition is void: global-highlight-changes t

>> I tried
>>         (setq global-highlight-changes 1)
>> and
>>         (setq global-highlight-changes t)
>                 ------------------------^
>
> There are non-breaking spaces here, so that will not work as intended.
> It is possible that you accidentally added non-breaking spaces to
> (global-highlight-changes 1) as well.

What do you mean here?

In my .emacs I have also
        (setq x-select-enable-clipboard t)
In vim the t is yellow instead of white. For the global-highlight-changes it
was white. So I copied and pasted the last bit. No it is also yellow. (So
there was a difference.) But it still does not work.
I am working with Emacs 21.3.1.