(Mini)-buffers not updated during query-replace

From: Nordlöw
Subject: (Mini)-buffers not updated during query-replace
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 04:43:31 -0700

Hello, Emacs Coders.

I am sometimes experiencing an annoying problem during query-replace,
namely that the contents of the buffer in which I am currently query-
replacing and the minibuffer does not update its content, upon
scrolling and buffers switching. I need to explicitly update the
contents with Ctrl+l every time but this is of course annoying and
unefficient. I am guessing that it is related to the performance of
something else happening in Emacs "simultaneously" with my replace,
perhaps the syntax highlighting.

Has somebody got a clue how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Nordlöw