Re: How to get hours from hh:mm

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: How to get hours from hh:mm
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 20:27:48 +0200

Cecil Westerhof <dummy@dummy.nl> writes:

> Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
>
>> Cecil Westerhof <dummy@dummy.nl> writes:
>>
>>> I have a table in org-mode with time needed to travel from A to B an the
>>> number of km. I would like to get the average speed. How do I convert a
>>> time? For example 0:45 becomes 0.75.
>>
>> How do you know that 0:45 becomes 0.75?
>>
>> How did you do it?
>
> I did not. I want. 0:45 is three quarters of an hour, so in mathematical
> notation 0.75.

How do you know that 0:45 is THREE QUARTERS of an hour?
What if it was 0:38 ?  How would you compute it in "mathematical notation"?

NOTE: The most fundamental particles in this product are held
together by a "gluing" force about which little is currently known
and whose adhesive power can therefore not be permanently
guaranteed.