Re: GUD buffer disappearing

From: Juanjo Garcia
Subject: Re: GUD buffer disappearing
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:14:41 -0000

On Jun 14, 1:26 pm, Nick Roberts <nick...@snap.net.nz> wrote:
> This looks like an Aquamacs bug report and it's not clear to me: what does
> open
> a program for debugging mean?  By default the main source file won't appear
> unless execution stops there.

I meant launching the debugger using M-x gdb and then the name of the
program. The source files were automaticall y opened by Aquamacs. The
problem is that after the first file, GDB's frame got reused for
showing one of these source files

I have solved this by removing all my settings and my .emacs file. Now
gdb works as expected and I can also use the multiple windows setup. I
still have not identified what flags caused this behavior, but none of
my configuration settings were related to gdb. Perhaps some other file
(crypt++, matlab.el, etc) was interefering. When I get more info I
will post it here, if only to help other people in the near future.

Juanjo