Re: spell checking in latex files

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: spell checking in latex files
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 13:49:39 +0200

Am 16.06.2007 um 11:33 schrieb Martin Barth:

Since I am German I use "a, "o, "u or "s for Umlauts and sz, so the
spell checking isn't working for words with umlauts, etc. Is there a
solution for this problem?

There are two:

• ispell can use 7-bit and 8-bit dictionaries, although I think it usually prefers sS for ß, which can be easily created from sz
• your LaTeX source can be b-bit:

        \documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{article}
        \usepackage{ifpdf}
        \ifpdf
           \immediate\write16{\jobname: Bonjour, PDF!}
           \usepackage{cmap}
           \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}
        %   \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.png,.gif,.tif,.jpeg}
           \usepackage[activate={true,nocompatibility}]{microtype}
        \else           % for non-pdfTeX
           \immediate\write16{¡Hola \jobname: DVI!}
        %   \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.eps,.ps}
           \usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
           \usepackage[protrusion=true,expansion=false]{microtype}
        \fi
        \usepackage[ngerman,UKenglish]{babel}
        %\usepackage{lmodern}
        \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
        \usepackage[full]{textcomp}
        \usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Es macht schon Spaß, Leute zu hassen: nie gehen die Ideen aus!