Re: What are your favorite C/C++ tools for emacs?

From: Hadron
Subject: Re: What are your favorite C/C++ tools for emacs?
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 18:36:04 +0200

Stefan Arentz <stefan.arentz@gmail.com> writes:

> I've been using emacs for a really long time as my primary tool when
> working on C/C++ code but I've always just used the basics. A little
> customized cc-mode, M-x compile and M-x man when working on UNIX code.
>
> I'm interested to hear from others what their favorite tools or
> extensions are for doing C/C++ development with emacs. I know there is
> a lot on the emacs wiki but I find it more interesting to hear it here
> from people.
>
>  S.

I use cscope with xcscope.el (contrib subdir of the cscope archive). In
addition CEDET and ECB. I debug using GUD inside emacs. In conjunction I
use Planner to jot notes and provide links relevant to projects back to
source information such as info pages, web sites, irc channels or even
emails or nntp posts.

Nice.