RE: ediff in RCS

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: ediff in RCS
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:00:49 -0700

> I have downloaded to my lisp path the following
>
> vc+.el  vc-.el  vc-ediff.el  vc-hooks+.el
>
> (I can find no documentation on them or installation guides but ran
> across them from the emacs wiki)
>
> I have added
>
> (require 'vc-hooks+)
>
> to my init files.
>
> Now ediff (as opposed to diff) comes up from "C-x v =" (C-x v = runs the
> command vc-ediff) but other keys now dont work e.g
>
> ,----
> | vc-register: Symbol's function definition is void: vc-admin
> | Symbol's function definition is void: vc-admin
> `----
>
> Has anyone used this stuff? Is there a full "package" of all related
> files somewhere? It's like some giant jigsaw at the moment :-;

This is my fault ;-).

I wrote vc-.el, vc+.el, and vc-hooks+.el long, long ago. I doubt that they
work well or even work at all with recent Emacs versions. I leave the code
on the wiki in case it helps someone, but there are no guarantees associated
with it.

If I were you, I would try doing whatever you need to do without using those
libraries. If you cannot do what you need, and if you see something in those
libraries that looks like it might help, then you can try to adapt it for
use with recent Emacs versions. Again, no guarantees of anything.