Re: compile in specific folder

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: compile in specific folder
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:32:50 -0600

>>>>> "Martin" == Martin  <m.gercke@gmail.com> writes:

Martin> I am using emacs to work on a project that needs to be compiled (call
Martin> make) in a specific folder, independent of the current buffer.

I usually use "make -C $DIR" for this.

However, as someone else posted, if you go your route, it is better to
let-bind default-directory.

Martin> How do I make compile to be non-interactive?
Martin> => I want to be able to define a key for "make all" and one for just
Martin> "make.

In Emacs Lisp, interactive commands are also ordinary lisp functions.
You can call compile like: (compile "make all")

Tom