Re: Org-mode emacs help

From: Anupam Sengupta
Subject: Re: Org-mode emacs help
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 01:08:50 -0700

    Ankur> Now, I've inserted the following lines into my .emacs ...

    Ankur> (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))

This associates all files ending with the '.org' extension with org-mode.

    Ankur> (define-key global-map "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)

This defines a key in the global key map which allows C-c l to store an org-mode
link.

    Ankur> (define-key global-map "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)

Another global key map to display the agenda using the C-c a keys.

    Ankur> After that how do I start using Org-mode?

>From #1 above, any file (existing or new) that has a '.org' extension will
automatically be in org-mode.

Try C-x C-f test.org and see if the org-mode is enabled (the status bar should
have 'Org-mode' listed).

Or, you can just do M-x org-mode while in any buffer, and the Org-mode major
mode will be enabled for that buffer.

    Ankur> Do I need to create some file or anything else needs to be
    Ankur> configured?

No. You have configured it already. Other *customizations* are certainly
possible.

P.S: Do read http://staff.science.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org.html#Activation
which has all the relevant details.

--