Re: Unloading modes (php-mode, sgml-mode, etc)

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Unloading modes (php-mode, sgml-mode, etc)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 18:56:40 +0200

XheelhookX@gmail.com writes:

> For example every time I emacs a file with a .html extension I get:
>
> "----:---F1  test.html            (HTML)--L1--
> All------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> How can I unload sgml-mode through my .emacs file?

That's correct behavior. Emacs sees that it's a html file, so it loads
html-mode which is derived from sgml-mode, so it has to load that, too.

Do I get it right that you want emacs to open all files in fundamental
mode and don't want to use any other more specific mode?

Then a solution might be to set `auto-mode-alist' and `magic-mode-alist'
to nil. But I don't see any sense in refusing to use file specific
modes...

Bye,
Tassilo
--
A morning without coffee is like something without something else.