Can I get a better \ref{} functionality when editing Latex?

From: Christian Herenz
Subject: Can I get a better \ref{} functionality when editing Latex?
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:11:06 +0200

Hi,

I always write my university stuff with Latex, I use emacs and auctex
for that, and the experience is almost perfect.
One thing annoys me a little bit, but I really think this should be
fixed easily, but I do not know how.
I declare a lot of labels in my document (e.g. for a formula
\label{eq:foo} or for a section \label{sec:bar} ...), and I always come
to the point, that I want to reference to a previous formula or section,
but I have forgot how I labled that, so I have to do I-Search-Backward
and look up the section and than go to the bottom of the document again,
 to enter my \ref{eq:bar} or \ref{eq:foo}.
I heared that other, specialized editiors for latex documents (*evil*),
have a functionality of popping up a list of the labels, when I enter
\ref{eq: or \ref{sec: for example.
Is there something similiar possible in emacs?

Greetz,
Christian