Re: How to save dred duffer?

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: How to save dred duffer?
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:17:14 +0200

"srdjan.markovich@gmail.com" <srdjan.markovich@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there
>
> Is it possible to save dired buffer in order to reuse it in latter
> sessions? I know that I can save all opened buffers using desktop.el
> script. But it saves everything.
> I want to be able to save only one dired buffer and to give it
> specific filename so I can open it and continue work latter...
>
> Regards

You might want to check out dired-virtual-mode. It is part of
dired-x. I use it to save large dired listings, maybe for directories
that I know will take a lot of time to refresh. I save these buffers
as a normal text file, with the extension .dired, and combine this
with the following customization:

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("[^/]\\.dired$" . dired-virtual-mode))