appending more recorded bits to an existing and previous named macro

From: David R
Subject: appending more recorded bits to an existing and previous named macro
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:34:44 +0100

if I do M-x define-keyboard-macro
I can record a macro.
If I do start-keyboard-macro I can add a bit to the last macro defined.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to create a function which will collect a named kbd macro and put it in the allocation as the last keyboard macro so that if a person decides at a later time to append an extra recording by a macro which is older than the most recently defined macro, he can do so.?

David R