Re: Running ispell

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Running ispell
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:38:27 +0200

Am 25.06.2007 um 22:58 schrieb Alberto Simões:

I am trying to configure ispell, but when I run M-$ I get the default usage message from ispell.

Options menu -> Customize Emacs -> Specific Group..., type isp TAB or ispell RET – ready. Apply or save your changes.

How can I check the command that is really being issued, so I can debug this problem?

In *shell* buffer: ps -augwwwx | grep -v grep | egrep '^USER|spell'

or in another shell: pstree -w -p <emacs pid>; <emacs pid> can be determined in *shell* buffer with 'echo $$' (close match) or (exact): pstree -w -p $$.

--
Greetings

  Pete

There's something the technicians need to learn from the artists. If it isn't aesthetically pleasing, it's probably wrong.