Re: Source specials in Emacs 22 /AucTeX and Miktex 2.6

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Source specials in Emacs 22 /AucTeX and Miktex 2.6
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:53:30 -0600

R McDonald wrote:
I have virtually identical installations of MikTeX 2.6 and Emacs 22 on two machines, both running XP SP2. Both have the same .emacs file. The Emacs version is pre-compiled (5/20/07) from

http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/download-for-windows.html

When I compile and then view a latex file on Machine A, using Yap, there are source specials. Every time I do an inverse search on this machine, there is a new invocation of emacsclientw. So after 5 searches, I have 5 copies of emacsclientw running.

On machine B, Yap says there are no source specials, although C-h v says that the value of TeX-source-specials-mode is t. In both cases I am invoking the latex compiler and viewer via repeated invocations of C-c C-c.

The strangest thing to me is the different behavior on the two machines. At this point I would just love some suggestions for debugging this problem. Thanks in advance!

Check to make sure default.el and site-start.el are the same on both
machines, too (use M-x find-library, and leave off the .el just in
case).

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA