Re: Not a big issue re: Xresources ... but ??

From: William Case
Subject: Re: Not a big issue re: Xresources ... but ??
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 07:05:29 -0400

Well, Well, Well Charles;

Thanks for leading me to emacs --help.  Should have known of it, but
somewhere back of my mind I must of assumed normal gnome things don't
apply to emacs.

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 06:31 +0000, Gordon Beaton wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:14:53 -0400, William Case wrote:
> > This sounds right. But, in fact having corrected the spelling error
> > and re-booted, I now get three stutters as Emacs tries to place my
> > scrollbar. I have tried removing, nil -ing and re-adding
> > '(scroll-bar-mode 'right) in my .emacs, and whichever way, I still
> > get the stutter.
>
> I think you need to do (set-scroll-bar-mode 'right). However do you
> still get the stutter if you run "emacs -q --no-site-file"?

"emacs -q --no-site-file"  Returns the emacs start up with NO stutter
and the correct geometry.  The the stutter problem seems to stem from a
slightly larger font size from the default in .emacs.  I.E. after
configuring the frame based on Xresources, emacs has to reconfigure
again based on the ~/.emacs font size.

I'll figure out what I did (originally a couple of years ago) --
something with the font height.  I will put the non-default size font
(old eyes fading slightly) in the Xresources file.

Thanks Gordon

--
Regards Bill,
Emacs 22.0.990.1  Fedora 7