Re: tex mode sub- and super-scripts

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: tex mode sub- and super-scripts
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 11:54:37 +0200

On Sat, Jun 30 2007, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 30.06.2007 um 04:30 schrieb Mark Alford:
>
>> I just upgraded to Fedora 7, which means I got upgraded from
>> emacs-21 to emacs-22. Now I find that when I edit a TeX file,
>> all subscripts (TeX _{xxx}) and superscripts (TeX ^{xxx})
>> are rendered in small type, lowered or raised on the line.
>
> Are you using AUCTeX?

The Emacs-builtin TeX mode has this feature as well (it even had it
before AUCTeX, IIRC).

> You can see this in mode-line, menus, and *Messages* buffer. Then
> switch its use off!

Nonsense.  In AUCTeX, there's a variable to turn it off and customize
it.  There's no option to turn it off in the Emacs-builtin TeX mode,
CMIIW.

,----[ <f1> v font-latex-fontify-script RET ]

`----

,----[ M-x customize-variable RET font-latex-script-display RET ]
| Font Latex Script Display: [Hide Value]
| Choice: [Value Menu] Subscript form: (raise -0.3)
| Choice: [Value Menu] Superscript form: (raise 0.3)
|    [State]: STANDARD.
|
| Display specification for subscript and superscript content. [Hide Rest]
| The car is used for subscript, the cdr is used for superscripts.
| Parent groups: [Font Latex]
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--