Re: Non-default fonts in Emacs using Xft

From: Felix Eckhofer
Subject: Re: Non-default fonts in Emacs using Xft
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:41:29 +0200

Hi.

On Saturday, 30. June 2007 17:17, Peter Dyballa wrote:

>>http://secundus.stunet.tu-freiberg.de/~felix/temp/screenshots/emacs-xft.png
> Are you sure that your GNU Emacs 23 was configured and compiled to
> achieve font anti-aliasing? (Trying to report a bug you can retrieve
> some information on this.)

Yes, I am (--with-xft --enable-font-backend). Also, antialiasing seems
to work for everything *except* the non-default font (e.g.
AucTeX-headlines) - see screenshot.

> I think there is none, except: on the command line you need to add
> --enable-font-backend.

According to the docs this parameter is deprecated. Font-backend is now
enabled by default and can be disabled using --disable-font-backend.

> You also need to prepare your system with fontconfig.

I don't think this is the issue. fc-list shows 283 fonts and no other
application seems to have any problems.

regards
felix

--
felix_eckhofer  *  [fli4l-/eis-team]  *  ICQ#_59008162

"Ein Betriebssystem sie zu knechten, sie alle zu finden,
 ins Dunkle zu treiben und ewig zu binden..."