Re: Non-default fonts in Emacs using Xft

From: Felix Eckhofer
Subject: Re: Non-default fonts in Emacs using Xft
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 21:51:33 +0200

Hi.

On Saturday, 30. June 2007 19:56, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>> Thanks. I tried that already however this also seems to only change
>> the "default" font, not headlines and such.
> That's the desired behaviour: did you ever see some TeX output with
> headers in the same style as the text, all serifs or all sans serifs?

That was not quite what I meant. However, I finally found the solution
by clicking through a lot of "customize" pages:

(set-default-font "DejaVu Sans Mono-10")
(custom-set-faces
 '(fixed-pitch ((t (:family "DejaVu Sans Mono"))))
 '(variable-pitch ((t (:family "DejaVu Sans")))))

Now my emacs looks great - the way emacs should look in 2007 :-)

http://secundus.stunet.tu-freiberg.de/~felix/temp/screenshots/emacs-xft-working.png

thanks again
felix

--
felix_eckhofer  *  [fli4l-/eis-team]  *  ICQ#_59008162

"Ein Betriebssystem sie zu knechten, sie alle zu finden,
 ins Dunkle zu treiben und ewig zu binden..."