Save on losing focus in Emacs

From: Sergey Pariev
Subject: Save on losing focus in Emacs
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 13:25:51 -0000

Hi All.

I'd like to see in Emacs one feature from IntellijIDEA I really like -
when editing files, if you switch to another window - browser of
terminal, it automatically saves file being edited - very handy when
frequently switching between apps on debugging, for example.
Googling gave me this -
http://www.dribin.org/dave/blog/archives/2003/09/10/emacs/
, but snippet provided there doesn't work in my GNU Emacs 23 taken
from here
- http://peadrop.com/blog/2007/01/06/pretty-emacs/  (I'm using Ubuntu
Linux); I'm elisp newbie, but I guess code is XEmacs specific ...
Could you please suggest me how such a feature can be implemented in
GNU Emacs 23 ?

Regards, Sergey Pariev.