opening files result in read-only buffers

From: Dirk Jagdmann
Subject: opening files result in read-only buffers
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 23:48:46 +0200

Hello experts,

I have recently switched to emacs 22.1.1 from a 21.x release. I work on Linux. My emacs configuration has remained unchanged. But now every time I open a file (C-x C-f) that is already existing emacs open the buffer as read-only. To edit the buffer I always have to use C-x C-q and this is really annoying. I checked unix file permissions and they allow me (my UID) to write and I can save buffers without problems. I checked the Emacs News and my configuration but did not find anything suspicious.

Does anybody have a clue? Should I post my .emacs for investigation?

--
---> Dirk Jagdmann ^ doj / cubic
----> http://cubic.org/~doj