Re: Selection not to be copied into kill-ring

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Selection not to be copied into kill-ring
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:21:16 +0200

Am 12.07.2007 um 14:14 schrieb Will:

=> How do I switch off that hightlighted text is copied automatially into the kill-ring?

Do not mark it with the mouse. This mode has side-effects ...

=> How do I delete a region without it getting copied into the kill- ring, e.g. by highlighting the text and pressing <delete>?

Mark without mouse, then delete-region.

I think you would need to change the bindings of <down-mouse-1> and <mouse-1>, which isn't easy because both events can run different functions depending on the context (for example mouse-drag-region) ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Macht kaputt, was Afghanistan kaputt macht!