Re: how to search inside functions definition

From: Camille Bourgoin
Subject: Re: how to search inside functions definition
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 01:00:22 +0200

> Am 12.07.2007 um 15:50 schrieb Camille Bourgoin:
>
>> I want to list all the primitive functions in Emacs with a search
>> within their definitions.
>
> Two ways:
>
>       C-h a search RET
>
> or
>
>       C-h <f3> search
>
> The latter, info-apropos, searches in the installed (tex)info files,
> i.e. in the extra documentation for GNU Emacs.
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete

apropos search in the name of the functions. I want to search within
their definitions.

If I search "built-in", I want to find, for exemple :

-------
* is a built-in function.
(* &rest NUMBERS-OR-MARKERS)

Returns product of any number of arguments, which are numbers or
markers.
-------

C-h f3 is for info-apropos ? I don't have this function, is this a
emacs 22 function ? I use the 21 ...

--
Camille "Mesmento" Bourgoin
jabber : mr.camille@im.apinc.org