Re: how to search inside functions definition

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: how to search inside functions definition
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 02:01:28 +0200

Camille Bourgoin wrote:

I want to list all the primitive functions in Emacs with a search
within their definitions. But I don't know how to do this.

I search a function in Emacs Wiki, Google etc. nothing.
Sorry, I'm not clear on what you want. Could you say it in a different way.
French is OK (for me) too. Just what is it that you are searching (the Web?
code examples? Emacs-Lisp source code? Emacs doc?), and just what are you
searching it for (names of primitive functions, I guess)?

I want to list all the primitive (built-in) functions, like "car" or
"*", of Emacs in order to create a Emacs LISP quick reference card with
the main functions of emacs lisp ( and maybe plus some useful
non-primitive functions).

Are you really sure you want to list built-in functions written in C? Are not most of the functions you actually use when you program in Emacs lisp written in Emacs lisp?