Re: Interacting between dvi and latex in emacs.

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Interacting between dvi and latex in emacs.
Date: 13 Jul 2007 19:27:24 GMT

David wrote:
> Hi, I have heard a rumour of some software for Mac where you can click
> on your dvi file and cursor moves to the corresponding location in the
> tex file. Does anyone know how to get this sort of interaction between
> dvi and emacs run on Linux?

yeah, it's called forward and inverse search (it goes both ways, from emacs
to dvi viewer and back). i don't know if it's part of the standard latex
mode in emacs, but it is certainly integrated in auctex (which you should
be using anyway, if you use emacs to edit latex files).

<http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/>

<http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/auctex_53.html>

and otherwise do a google search for "forward inverse search latex" or
something and you should get tons of info.

HTH

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)