Re: problem on edit similar files.

From: reader
Subject: Re: problem on edit similar files.
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:24:57 -0500

邓量 <dliang@263.net> writes:

> Hello,
>

> I want to write some operation scripts for each my database tables, these
> scrips do the same thing, create trigger on each tables. They have same
> format, but different in table's name and column name. I want to know if i
> give emacs a template and a table's name and column name, how can emacs give
> me a complete script that these table name and column name are automatic
> filled in right places.

You may get a more complete or detailed answer but until then start
here:

(I'm sure there is a less round-about way to get to this info but here
is one way)

Type M-x apropos <RET> skeleton-insert <RET>

On the resulting buffer (if running emacs in X) click on the line of
hypertext that says:
  skeleton-insert

Start reading there and look thru skeleton.el as well.
An hypertext link to skeleton.el is there too.