Re: Emacs preferences.

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: Emacs preferences.
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:43:31 +0200

+ vincent.marguerit@gmail.com:

| I am under Mac OS X and and changed my .emacs file to this:
| [...]
| (set-keyboard-coding-system 'latin-1)

This is the one thing I can't get to work either.
After a bit of fiddling I ended up with this:

  (when (eq window-system 'mac)
    (add-hook 'after-init-hook
              (lambda () (set-keyboard-coding-system 'iso-latin-1))))

and, oddly enough, I think that did work for a while but now I have to
type C-x C-m k latin-1 RET after emacs has started up.

This is on GNU emacs built from the emacs-unicode-2 CVS branch:

GNU Emacs 23.0.0.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.9.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0)

Does anybody else see this?  Any idea why?

  -- Bertrand Russell